Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Daddy Says Bad Things About Michigan

About 3 weeks ago, I faced the challenge of how to tell Adam that I was pregnant and that we were going to embark on a new journey in our life together. After taking several different pregnancy tests and falling in a daze about ALL the positive results, I couldn't wait to tell Adam. On that Monday, I pondered all day on what to do...I wanted it to be special. Adam is usually home from work each day before me except this for this day so it was perfect. His company had other employees in town from Chicago so he had to go to dinner with them after work and then out for drinks. I was dying to tell him and thought about waiting until Tuesday, but just couldn't! I had kept this to myself all day!! That was hard! Adam called about 10:00 that night to check in and let me know that they were heading to another bar for some more drinks. At this point I had no choice but to ask if he could come home because I wasn't feeling good. I could tell from the tone in his voice that he was extremely frustrated, but came home as I had asked him to. As most of you know, Adam prosped to me in the garage so I decided to continue the tradition and break the exciting news to him in the same way. I pulled a stool from the kitchen into the garage. I sat on the stool holding a poster that read, "My Daddy Says Bad Things About Michigan." How perfect would this be especially since we are going to the Ohio State Vs. Michigan game in November.

My heart was racing as I anxiously sat on the stool waiting for the garage to open. Around 11pm or so, the garage slowly opened and Adam began to pull in the driveway. He saw me sitting there and stopped and was the reading the poster I was holding. His face was priceless as his mouth dropped open and his eyes filled with tears. He jumped out of the car and couldn't believe it! We both were a crying mess! We feel extremely blessed by God and look forward to this amazing journey!

2 comments:

Mama SB said...

I am soooo happy for you two! It is an amazing journey that will change your life forever!

Eigna said...

What a neat way to tell him! I can imagine how shocked he was! He will cherish that memory forever! :)