Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Potty Time!

Guess who sits on the potty!?! Yep, my BABY girl! I wasn't planning on starting the potty training process until 18-19 mos, but Addyson has shown signs withing the past 2 months that she is "ready" to start. She loves to flush the toilet and has been taking off her diaper for the past few months...sooooo with all that said, I thought, what the heck?!? I ordered a potty online and it all began! Addy has been sitting on the potty for a little over a week now. It's crazy to me! We don't push the issue, she does it all on her own. We put her potty chair in her bathroom. She sits on it a few times a day and then on her own. She will take off her shorts, then her diaper and walk into the bathroom and sit on her potty....ALL ON HER OWN! We are amazed! I guess she was ready! Yesterday, I asked her, "do you need to go potty" This is the first time I have ever said this to her. She said "yes", took off her diaper and went and sat on her potty. My mouth just dropped! How did my 15mo old baby girl get SO big...sniff! sniff! My goal is to have her potty trained by 2! We are not pushing the issue at all.....just have her potty chair for when she wants it. I have a feeling that she is going to be potty training herself....so far, we have done nothing, but ordered the potty chair! This pic is from the day we got the chair in the mail...btw....LOVE this potty chair! I did lots of research:)

1 comment:

Kristi Kelly said...

Yay Addy!!! What a big girl:)